Thursday, February 8, 2007

Day 1.

Weight: 104kg
"Official" BMI: 30.4

Started this morning at roughly 6:30am.

Apparently my BMI is 30.4, which is technically termed "obese" but anyone who's seen me in person knows that it's complete bollocks. BMI tends not to take into account bone and muscle mass, and in all fairness, I'm a pretty big guy. That being said, I can definitely stand to lose weight, so this diet should be interesting.

Off to a bit of a shaky start, as I wasn't able to get the *exact* syrup I needed, so I ended up going with a bottle of agave nectar instead, seemed to be the closest match to what I was after.... I'll be getting the proper syrup on Day 2.

The whole mixture doesn't really taste bad at all..... half a litre of water, juice of one whole lemon, 2 tablespoons of syrup, and a small pinch of cayenne pepper. Really just tastes like very, very sweet lemonade.

Haven't noticed anything revolutionary yet, other than the fact that I'm a *little* bit hungry, but it'll probably pass. I'll update today's post once I've hit lunchtime.

TIME: 10:58am
One of my workmates just had a bacon and egg sandwich with BBQ sauce. Oh the humanity. He sits about 8 feet away from me too.

TIME: 12:04pm - Lunchtime.
Well, as it shall be for the next 10 days, my lunch today consists of... you guessed it. Half a litre of spring water, juice/pulp from one whole lemon, a few tablespoons of syrup and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

It actually tastes pretty good, all things considered. That taste might change a bit when I get the proper syrup tomorrow, but I guess we'll see.

Still no revolutionary nutritional epiphany. Standing by.

TIME: 2:28pm
Right now, I would take on a pack of starving hyenas for a peanut butter sandwich, a salami roll, some pasta, ANYTHING...... I'm guessing this is typical in the very early stages of a diet like this.

I can take it.

No comments: